mandag 25. januar 2010

Last weeks

09.01.10 Saturday
After only some hours in Quito we left in the evening to take a bus to Rio Bamba. In the hotel there we had a little party with the guys we had not seen in a while.
10.01.10 Sunday
we had to get up at 6 to get the bus to Alausi, where we had some braekfast. Here we where to take a train tour, which is really famous. Before you where able to sit at the top of the wagons and enjoy the incredible view and take one of the last traintracks exicsting in Ecuador, but now it is only touristic and the steam engine is gone. ;( So we felt kind of tricked. At the same day I wanted to get to my house in the village near Cotacachi which was impossible, so I slept in an Hostel in Ibarra. This evening was kind of exciting, with all the buses which did not stop where I wanted them to, so I was really happy to get out of the bus in a real bed. From the 29.12 until the 10.01. I spend 56 hours in busses, over two of 12 days!
11.01.10 Monday
I took a bus to Cotcachi in the morning and arrived at my hostfamilies place. i did not do a lot this day... Just was happy to be in a "home" again...
12.01.10 Thuesday
At 10 am we drove to an soccer game (as always in the back of a truck, which I enjoy every time, it is freedom pure.) Unfortunaly there was no game since the other team did not show up, easy outcome. :)
13.01.10 Wedesday
We tried again with the soccer game and this time we played 3-3. In the afternoon I went to Cotacachi to buy some stuff. Since it is the town of leather. I bought really nice leather boots. :)
14.01.10 Thursday
Yes I did work too in these weeks. Today I worked all day, first in the garden with my youngest hostbrother and then in the new house of my other hostbrother, we did some painting.
15.01.10 Friday
The last things in the new house where finished and in the evening the little family moved the bed over to the new house and they slept there the first night. I made them some bread with salt on top, for good luck in the new home. (German tradition)
16.01.10 Saturday
In the morning we left for Otavalo to go to a meeting and I payed for my time in the Calera. At 3 pm we drove to another soccergame which we won 1-0.
17.01.10 Sunday
What a day! Today was the semifinal and the final for the cup which all the soccergames belonged to. The semifinal won the team from the Calera 4-0. And the final was reallt exciting! It was 1-0 against us all the time, but finally there was the goal which made is eacual 1-1. Then there was a 11-meter-shooting (whatever that is in english) which we won, so we where champions!!! There was a big party all night, the price was to big oxes, which the boys from the team will sell for a lot of money.
18.01.10 Monday
This day was kind of crazy, the whole town had an hangover or was still drinking. I did some work, for example I got the cows from the pasturage, for the first time ALL alone. Luckily they where nice. ;)
About the 19.01.10 is not much to say, only that I culled beans for the first time.
20.01.10 Wednesday
In the morning my hostbrother and me cleaned the cows stall. We got 17 barrowes of bullshit to the fields... In the evening we moved more stuff to the new house with a little truck.
21.01.10 Thursday
We worked all day at a lot. The comunity is building a restaurant for tourist where one can eat traditional food.
22.01.10 Friday
Agian we worked at the lot but only until midday. In the evening did not happen much only that I needed to pack my stuff and was kind of sad that I needed to leave the village soon.
23.01.10 Saturday
The whole morning we made guinea pig for some tourists from USA. It was really interresting to see the process of this traditional food. My buisness was to get enough plates and seats for 18 people. Nobody has so much stuff in their house in the Calera. At around 1 pm I left the Calera in a bus to Quito. My thoughts where kind of heavy since my time here already was over...
In Quito I had a warm welcome from my family here. I only chilled all evening and wathed a movie after a real long time without any medias...
24.01.10 Sunday
I spend all day in the internet cafe. In the evening I met my friends here in Quito, or those who are left (only 2). Almost all have gone back to Germany! ;( We played cards, ate pasta and chatted...
25.01.10 Monday
Today was my first day of work in the kindergarden. I stood up at 6 am to take the bus at 7. I work with the kids from 4 to 5 years. It was nice but hard to. I can not calm the fights properly because the spanish of a 4 year old who is crying is hard to understand.... I look foreward to get to know the kids better, even if I can say already who are the "bad" ones in the group...;)
Now I will go to the cinema withmy folks and see "Sherlock Holmes".

3 kommentarer:

  1. Meine liebe Lynn, vielen Dank für Deinen langen und ausführlicen Bericht.Muß mir alles nchmal durchlesen.Ich denke, dass Du jetzt auf Deiner letzten Station, bei den Kindern, angekommen bist.
    Heute hat Tina Geburtstag und sie sind mit dem Zug an die Ostsee gefahren.Hier liegt seeeeehr viel Schnee.Ich bin zurieden, wenn sie gesund wieder zu Hause sind.Ich wünsche Dir viel Spass und Keinen Ärger mit den Kids.und bleib gesund! ! Viele liebe Grüße und Küsschen Deine Oma Gisela

    SvarSlett
  2. Meine liebe Lynni-Maus, oh nee, 17 stinkende Kuhmistkarren!!! Hoffentlich hast du dich nicht verzählt!!
    Wir haben genauso viel Spaß beim Lesen deiner Berichte wie du beim Fuballspielen, wirklich???
    Halt die "bad" Kinder kurz, ein Ratschlag von einer alten Teacher. Wir grüßen dich sehr, deine Oma Anne drückt dich obendrein, bleib weiter so!!!!

    SvarSlett
  3. Hei Lynni,
    som dine bestemödre seier, det er veldig morsomt ä lese om dine opplevelser bäde pä bondegärd og ellers.
    Skriv mer sä fort du kan. Kanskje fär me ser pä nokon bilder en gang igjen. Men Gunnar meinte sidan du fekk ikkje alle bilder pä picasa siden din sist, er lagringsplassen kanskje fullt. Eg er veldig glad i deg. Masse klem fra mama.

    SvarSlett