søndag 7. februar 2010

Working and exploring

Tuesday 26.01.
My second day of work. In the afternoon we cooked and went out afterwards.
Wednesday 27.01.
After the long party working was really hard, especially since I worked 8 hours, to get one day of! After work I went to get a piercing in my lower lip, it cost me only 8 dollars! We partied again that night.
Thursday 28.01.
The little sleep and much party showed this day because I woke up at 11 am and did not go to work that day… But these hours missing I worked in again later!
Friday 29.01.
Today in after work and chilling I took the bus to Guayaquil to meet some friends who are traveling, a Ecuadorian friend who lives there and to see the city.
Saturday 30.01.
I met my local friend and later the day my two German friends. We walked the promenade of Guayaquil and climbed a little mountain (over 400 stairs) from where one can see the whole city, it was really nice.
Sunday 30.01.
Unfortunately there is not much more to see or do in Guayaquil. It really is a ugly city, so we took the bus to Montanita to enjoy the beach!
Monday 01.02.
We did what one does at the beach: eating fish for breakfast at 1 pm, picking up shells, bading, sunbath (and get a real sunburn!) and at night we watched the juggle show of my friend and sat around the fire at the beach chatting…
Tuesday 02.02.
After a really great breakfast we enjoyed the beach and the crazy village some more before we took the bus to Guayquil. From there I took the bus back to Quito.
Wednesday 03.02.
At 5 am I arrived at the house and after 1 hour sleep in my bed I went to work. In the afternoon I chilled and ate pasta with the others in the Ramses.
Thursday 04.02.
I worked 5 hours. One day at work looks like this, I take the bus for 40 minutes, then I arrive at San Roque at 8 am. Until 08:30 I play a little with the kids, then they have milk and bread. My job is to make them sit down, give them the food and sometimes feed them if they don’t want to eat. We always try really hard and force them a little sometimes. This sounds crazy to us, but the food they get in the kinder garden sometimes is the only food they get because the parents can’t afford food. Then we play or work until 10 am. The work is mostly learning colors, paint, learn the national hymn and things like that. At 10:00 we eat a fruit. Then we play or work until 11:30, which is lunch time. The kids get soup, rice with a sauce and juice, a traditional dinner here. After that I help cleaning the dining room and at 1 pm I take the bus back home where I eat dinner/lunch together with my hostfamily.
I do not really like the work because I do nothing which is important. If I am not at work it is the same, I feel a little unnecessary. I hope I can change to the school soon…
Later that day we went to the park and cooked together.
Friday 05.02.
I worked until 1pm as always, ate and chilled in my room when I got a call from a local friend who asked if I wanted to join them at a concert. Of course I wanted. We met and took the bus to the old town. There we saw 3 really cool metal bands, open air and for free, genius! At 8 pm they could not play anymore because it was located very close to houses, so I was early enough at home to eat dinner with Elsa and Pepe.
Saturday 06.02.
Today was my first day alone in Ecuador. My friends have gone to the coast for the weekend but I needed a break from busses and chill because I have a cold. So I went to the old town to the Museum of Quito. In the bus my purse was stolen, but there were only 10 $ in there. In the afternoon I chilled and went to the internet café, soon is dinner and afterwards I will go to bed soon so get healthy.

3 kommentarer:

  1. Hei, Lynni!
    Eg er veldig skuffet over uhellet ditt med lommeboka di. De må være ganske proff, at ein ikkje får med seg at de skjærer opp håndvesken. Heldigvis har du ikkje hatt alt for mangen penger med deg. Og det viktigste er at du er i orden!!! Me har vært i Myrkdalen i går. Din mamma har stott på alpinski for første gang!!!Eg var svett av angst på heile kroppen. Men eg fekk god veiledning å kjørte faktisk opp og ned i tre timer. Uff...etterpå var eg fix und fertig.
    Eg er veldig glad i deg!!! 1000 klem fra mamma.

    SvarSlett
  2. Meine liebe Lynni-Maus, noch keine Bus-Phobie? Hast du die Kilometer schon aufgeschrieben? Nimm nur alles mit , auch wenn zwischen den Situationswechseln nur eine Stunde Schlaf ist. Heißt dein lokaler Freund Angelo? Mama gab mir den Tipp.
    Bleib gesund und fühle dich gut im prallen Leben. Einen Gruß von Wolfgang und eine dicke Umarmung von deiner Oma
    Wir lesen deine Bloggs mit großer Spannung.

    SvarSlett
  3. Liebe Lynn,ich konnte so lange nicht schreiben,da mein Pc gesponnen hat.Er hat mir einfach einige Buchstaben und Zahlen und auch dieses "@" nicht gedruckt. Ich abe aber den Fehler gefunden und nun funtioniert es hoffentlich wieder.Habe Deinen Bericht mit Freuden gelesen und bewundere Dich, was Du alles erlebst und mitmachen kannst.Achte nur auf Deine Gesundheit,übernimm Dich nicht.Viele liebe Grüße von deiner Oma Gisela

    SvarSlett