tirsdag 17. november 2009

Oh I have much to tell you

Sorry for not writing so long but I had really a lot going on and if I had time there was loss of power.
Friday the 06.11.
This day was only school and party until late at night.
Saturday 07.11.
We had to stand up early anyway, because we where going to Mindo, a small town with a lit of exiting things to do. Like: Canoping. On metal ropes we flew over the jungle. Wow, that was an adrenalin shock. Afterwords we went tubing, on hoops we where floating over the river. In the evening we where partying again. Hihi...
Sunday 08.11.
Still in Mindo we visited a butterfly farm in the morning. It was really great we saw them be born and fed them with banana juice. After that we tried to see some orchids but there where not many blooming. We took the bus back to Quito at 16:00 and arrived at 18:00. At home I met two Americans who lived with me one week, a new married couple on a veeery long honeymoon; world trip for one year.
Monday 09.11.
I had 8 hours Spanish to recover the coast trip! Wow that was hard! After school I cocked with 12 volunteers, nam nam pasta. We had a lot of fun!
Tuesday 10.11.
8 hours Spanish again! It almost killed me! After that I did not do much. Except watching X=Files with Gioia from next door!
Wednesday 11.11.
Only 5 hours of Spanish felt like heaven and after that I even had power left to go swimming with Sara. It was nice! Finally some exercise. Which I destroyed at once by going to the lady's night and party.
Thursday 12.11.
This day was just great!You will never guess what we did, we where on a "Die toten Hosen" concert. It was amazing! Only Germans in the whole club and only 200 people. Really private!
Friday 13.11.
We wnt out today as well but it was not my day and I went home at 11:30...
Saturday 14.11.
We met early again to visit the Guayasamin Museum, he is an ecuadorian painter, with a stile a little like Picasso. It really impressed me. The museum is called chapel of men, I really liked the idea of a chapel for mankind!
Then we had a home party at the volunteer house and I went out to play billiard with Jens from Berlin.
Sunday 15.11.
In the morning we went up a mountain here in Quito by cable car. The view was amazing!!! After what we went into old town and up a hill, there is a statue, the virgin of Quito. Of course there is a great view here too! In the evening we went to a really good Mexican restaurant to say "goodbye" to two of the girls who left for their projects.
Monday 16. 11.
Today we went to an soccer game after school. The team we went for lost! Uff... but it was cool to be in the stadium. Bur I would have expected even more shouting and better football! When I came home today the whole house was decorated for christmas. Wow, a little much and colorful for my taste but that is how it works here.
Tuesday 17.11.
Today I went to my project here in Quito to have a look. It was kind of shocking, but I had expected worse. Of course there are a lot of kids and to few grown ups, but I knew that. That is why I am here. I have to take the bus for about 30 minutes to work. The children are from parents who work at the marked which is very close to the school.

3 kommentarer:

  1. Es war schön, mal wieder was von Dir zu hören.
    Ich drücke Dich. Vaddi

    SvarSlett
  2. Hallo,liebe lynn,ich freue mich ,das es Dir gut geht und du sooooo viel tolle Erlebnisse geniessen kannst.Vielen Dank,dass Du auch trotz der Beschäftigungen immer wieder für uns ,Deinen größten Fans,Zeit findest,dich zu melden und so lange ,wunderbare Berichte schreibst. ich wünsche Dir weiterhin alles gute und viel Spass und Kraft zum Lernen.Deine Oma Gisela

    SvarSlett
  3. Hallo,liebe Lynn, vielen herzlichen Dank für Deine liebe Postkarte. Ich habe mich sooooo sehr gefreut.Das war für mich ein kleines Glück.Mir geht es gut, liebe Lynn.Du weißt ja,ich muß mir selbst helfen dank meines Berufes.Bis jetzt hat das auch gut geklappt.Ich freue mich,dass es Dir gut geht und Du auf Deine Sicherheit achtest.Die Karte bleibt auf meinem Tisch stehen damit ich mich noch lange freuen kann.Bleib gesund und munter.Ich drücke Dich ganz doll! Deine Oma Gisela.

    SvarSlett