mandag 30. november 2009

Start working!

Last week was not happening very much.On Tuesday I went swimming again. Wednesday was Party day, as always. On Thursday I joined Elsa to her Church, which was very interesting. Because it was a private house, no church. Thursday is womens day and there where only whifes. They sang, prayed and studied the bible. After that I looked at a crazy street citchen. A lot og food I did not want or should eat! On Friday we wanted to go to the cinema and see "New Moon". But it was the first day playing and of course there where no tickets left! On our way back we got soaking wet, because it rained like hell.
Saturday 28.11.
At 5 am I stood up to meet the others at the school at 6 am to go to Banos. After checking in at the hostel and all that we did rafting at 2 pm. It was really cool. The views and landscape where great. And the water really fun!
Sunday 29.11.
Today I was feeling really sick, I could not go to the waterfall climbing with the others. :( Instead me and Kathi went to a Zoo. It was really sad, because the cages where to small and ugly. Then we chilled in the grass infront of our hostel and waited for the others. The bus back to Quito did not leave before 5:30 which was kind of hard for me with my strong cold!
Today Monday 30.11.
This morning at 9 am I left Quito. I took the bus to Otavalo with a man from the spanish school. Now I am waiting here in Otavalo for a man from my foundation to pick me up. Then I will go to Cotachacci to work. I am a little nervous, because I do not know what it is like there. I know I have a family and I live at a farm with indegious people, but I dont know what I will work with and if there are other volunteers there. I left a lot of stuff at Elsas house and travel only with my backpack now. She even gave me some ginger to make tea with for my cold! At my little village will be no internet and I dont know when I can write again. But dont worry, I am fine, even if I might have to shower in more or less cold water up there. Today I will not work yet, I will only meet everyone and see everything. But maybe tomorrow I will work, with what? I dont know... ;)

2 kommentarer:

  1. Meine liebe Lynni-Maus, deine ungewöhnlichen Wege haben wir verfolgt. Toi,toi, toi nun auf dem Lande.Wir waren auf dem Weihnachtsmarkt,dem schönsten, auf dem Gendarmenmarkt, Grünkohl aus deutschem Lande und Langos aus Ungarn gegessen,ungewöhnliches Kunsthandwerk zu sehen. Unsere Wohnung ist schon sehr gemütlich, wir putzen, räumen hier- und dorthin, schrauben und dübeln. Das richtige Wohlfühlen beginnt jetzt.
    Zwischendurch mach` ich Babysitten bei Charlena. Lass es dir gut gehen,Grüße von uns und von mir noch eine Umarmung deine Omi

    SvarSlett
  2. Hei Lynni!
    Eg häper du nädde mälet ditt i gär!
    Gunnar og eg krysser fingrene for at den nye vertsfamilien din er hyggelig og snill.
    Men först og fremst mä du blir frisk igjen. Eg synes det er litt morsomt at Elsa forsyner deg med ingefer. Sidan eg har plaget deg i alle är med ingefer til du likte den.
    Eg onsker deg at du trives pä job. Lykke til i alle fall!!!
    1000 klem fra din mama som er veldig stolt av deg.

    SvarSlett